I am a PROUD new father!!!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mickyd
Platinum Member

I am a PROUD new father!!!

Post by mickyd »

:eek: I have a new baby girl!!! :D

She's a BIG GIRL. She weighed in at 230lbs and a whooping 72 inches long. I brought her home last night at around 6:15 pm. I am going to call her "Greenie II". She was born around January 1955 and she has a small tatoo on her head "SN 287942". Total doctor bill came up to $75.

She is very healthy except for a minor skin condition and a slight birth defect. The skin is going to need attention at some point in the future. Fortunately, I personally have many hours of experience dealing with this exact condition and have been very successful at eliminating it to the point where she will look better than she normally would hadn't she had this problem. Her birth defect is this cutest little appendage she has growing out of her tailstock. It's about 29" long and has three VERY SHARP teeth on it. Fortunately, doctors say the entire appendage can be easily removed and reattached at any time in the future and with no scaring. I think she will find it very useful at various times so I view this extra growth a gift from God and a major bonus.

I'll make sure that I post pictures of my little cutie soon. This morning, she was still sleeping, hiding under a blanket. I didn't want to disturb her since my wife doesn't even know she's home yet. :o

p.s. It was ironic that it was my 1000th post!!! Celebration time!!
Mike
Sunny San Diego
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

Congratulations Mike, I'm sure you're proud of your new child (even with the "birth defect")... We need PICS... :D
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

congratulations, Mike.

my thoughts are with you on telling the mother.

Ivan
Mark V (84) w/ jigsaw, belt sander, strip sander
ER10 awaiting restoration
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

What did ya do? Shoot it with a spear gun?:D

Does the one who does not know what is but knows what isn't know about this 'addition'?;) YET!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

[quote="JPG40504"]What did ...........

Does the one who does not know what is but knows what isn't know about this 'addition'?]
no :o not yet. She's gone for the day so it gives me time to think of something good. Any of you have any suggestions??
Mike
Sunny San Diego
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

You bought it for HER.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
colday
Gold Member

Post by colday »

mickyd wrote:no :o not yet. She's gone for the day so it gives me time to think of something good. Any of you have any suggestions??
"Hey Honey! Look what followed me home!"

And then give her that big grin of yours followed by the sad puppy eyes look. Works for me "most" times.
Steve
2004 50ᵗʰ Anniversary Mark V 520
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

mickyd wrote:no :o not yet. She's gone for the day so it gives me time to think of something good. Any of you have any suggestions??
Kind of reminds me of the Blues Brothers when a microphone was traded for a car (I forget exactly what he said!) Anyway, a Greenie plus a jointer for $75 is right up there in trading leverage!
Chris
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

Maybe I could lay "Greenie II" on it's side under "Greenie I" and tell my wife it gave birth and act surprised!!
Ya know, I just might do that!!
Mike
Sunny San Diego
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mickyd wrote:Maybe I could lay "Greenie II" on it's side under "Greenie I" and tell my wife it gave birth and act surprised!!
Ya know, I just might do that!!
It would help credibility if ya made it a MINI first! Might even make her LAUGH!

Sheesh I cannot believe I totally MISSED the jointer hint!:( It does NOT belong on the TAILSTOCK end!:rolleyes:

BTW Sand cast or die cast headstock?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange