Finally got it straight

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

There are plenty of jobs for a good sized drill press vise in a woodshop.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=31001
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

tango wrote: If the trunion (didn't know that was the name) needs to be drilled out to fit the fourth bolt I guess I'll have to tackle that on a different day, however for now I'm just going to let it alone since it seems to work fine.
Alternative to reaming the trunnion hole-- turn down the diameter of the bolt, where it fits in the trunnion.

Or could it be that where the 4th offending bolt "seats", or its washer, has a burr on it, forcing motion when tightening?
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

Ed in Tampa wrote:...I got convinced my trunnion needed drilled, so I did it. Let me tell you if you decide to do it make sure the trunnion is securely clamped. Mine wasn't and was ripped out of my hands. My hand was sore for nearly 6+ months.
Ah, so. I always wondered what that old saying meant-- "the trunnions are running!".

:)
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;