"Shop vac"

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

"Shop vac"

Post by ryanbp01 »

Has anyone purchased the shop vac attachment sold at Home Depot? The shop vac part is supposed to fit atop a five gallon bucket. If you have, is it worth the money?
BPR
nllaeder
Gold Member

Post by nllaeder »

I played with a demo unit that they had set up at the local HD. It did not suck very well at all.

Sears had some great sales on some Craftsman shop vacs and I bought one there for $45.
nutball
Gold Member

Post by nutball »

I bought one and it works fine as a dry vac. I have not tried the wet vac function. Obviously, it is not meant for "large" jobs. But, for clean-up of small messes, it works. One beef I have is the exhaust port opposite the suction port. If you're vacuuming up a light material, such as sawdust, anything behind the vac will be blown all over the place before you can turn around and sweep it up. I've thought about inserting a hose or fitting to redirect the exhaust upward to avoid this problem.

For less than $25 (bucket included), I think it's a decent deal.