Saw blades

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

miker
Bronze Member

Saw blades

Post by miker »

It's possible this subject has been aired before but as I am a new attendee at this site I would not be aware of any earlier discussion. I would like to use my Shopsmit saw blades with a 1 1/4" dia center hole in my Delta saw which has a 5/8" dia arbor. Are standard washers available to enable this? Thanks for any advice.
Gampa
Gold Member

Saw Blades

Post by Gampa »

Miker:

I have not seen any other posts on this. SS has an arbor so 5/8" blades can be used on the SS but I have not seen anything going the other way. Personally, it sounds a little dangerous, I would always be afraid the blade would come apart at a high RPM and cause damage if not to me then to my equipment. Is the cost of sharpening or a new blade worth an injury?:confused:
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
miker
Bronze Member

saw blades

Post by miker »

The proposed washer merely has to maintain concentricity of the blade. The blade would be normally clamped using the cupped clamp washer which is about 2" dia so safety would not be an issue.
dwevans
Gold Member

Saw blade Bushings are what you need

Post by dwevans »

Here is one I found on Amazon.com it reduces from 1 1/4" to 5/8" and is the same thickness or slightly thinner than the actual blade so when you tighten up the bolt the blade is held securely. My Grandfather used to have this for his 1/2" arbor table saw.

Good luck!