Schwinn customer service

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Schwinn customer service

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

I am dealing with customer service on a new elliptical machine the wife bought yesterday.:mad: :mad: 4 phone calls to dead ends and 3 hours on hold. Now they want copies of my receipts before they will send replacements for the defective parts.

Makes me want to go hug everyone in the SS customer service department.:)

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Mark
Make sure you fix that machine right if it is like every other one sold, you will want it in good working shape when you garage sell it. :D

I'm totally convinced home workout machines are like New Year resolutions. Great ideas that lose their luster real quick.

Now if you or your wife is a pro athlete or under SERIOUS doctor's orders they make sense.

My opinion and yes I know you didn't ask for it! :D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

Ed I couldn't agree more. I have never seen one that was worn out! However I can only support her efforts!:D :D

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Mark
Make sure you fix that machine right if it is like every other one sold, you will want it in good working shape when you garage sell it. :D

I'm totally convinced home workout machines are like New Year resolutions. Great ideas that lose their luster real quick.

Now if you or your wife is a pro athlete or under SERIOUS doctor's orders they make sense.

My opinion and yes I know you didn't ask for it! :D

I think they 'made a deal'! She got exercise stuff, and He got new shop goodies!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

In Feb 2008 we got a Nordictrack treadmill. Luckily I got the extended warranty, because almost all of the innards have been changed out this winter. The last thing was the incline-adjust motor, which I saw to be a Chinese-manufactured piece of compressed junk metal.

This morning after my wife ran the (for now fixed) treadmill in the basement, I did a workout about 10 feet from the treadmill. . . . I rough-jointed about 30 lineal feet of recycled pine boards using my workmate and jack-plane. This took almost 2 hours and I was good and sweaty.
Chris
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

I use to sell exercise equipment. manufactures don't keep the same model for but a hand full of months. They keep changing models because people buy them, don't use them, then try to return them. The model change makes it easier to know what was just purchased and what is old.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

cincinnati wrote:I use to sell exercise equipment. manufactures don't keep the same model for but a hand full of months. They keep changing models because people buy them, don't use them, then try to return them. The model change makes it easier to know what was just purchased and what is old.
Oakay, I see that, but wood it knot be easier just to go by the serial number? :rolleyes:
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

a1gutterman wrote:Oakay, I see that, but wood it knot be easier just to go by the serial number? :rolleyes:

Especially if the SN is the DOM!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

a1gutterman wrote:Oakay, I see that, but wood it knot be easier just to go by the serial number? :rolleyes:
Nay it is much easier to sweep your hand over the showroom and say that model is so old we don't even stock it anymore. We can't take it back. Put it on E bay or craigslist.

When I lived up north I was always entertained by my neighbors that called the snow plow to clear there driveways so they could go to the gym for a workout.

I always wondered why didn't they save the snow plow money and the gym money and shovel the drive for a work out? One of lives great mysteries!

Now that I'm in Florida I still get entertained by the neighbors that pay to have their yard work done so they can have time to go to the gym for exercise.

Once again save the money mow the lawn youself and get all the exercise you need. If you need more come mow my lawn, I will even give you an ice tea for you cool down period.

I have a theory. When we are born we are assigned a certain number of foot steps. When we just them up we die. It is our choice how we spend them. Some people spend them running around the block, others like me try to conserve them. That is why I practice being a couch potato with a remote.:D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Update

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

I sent in all the imfo that was requested of me. I have a receipt from 12/26/09 from the sports center where we purchased the machine. I sent that. I have the serial no. I sent that. I have the manual. I scanned a copy of all parts needed along with a copy of the front of the manual with a picture of the machine along with model no etc. I sent that! Now I get an e-mail back that my receipt does not mention the model no of the machine so they can't send any parts. This is the worst #$$%#@#customer service I haver ever dealt with. My wife called the sports center and they readily agreed to take it back. So now since it is 98% assembled I have to get help to load it onto my big truck and drive accross town to return it. I will never buy another product represented by thier companies.

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7