ER-10 Broken tool rests

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

------------------------
Gold Member

ER-10 Broken tool rests

Post by ------------------------ »

Greetings!
Both of my lathe tool rests have snapped off at the 3/4" diameter shaft where it enters the rest. Does anyone know if these are threaded connections? I was thinging about drilling the shaft and using an easy-out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any other ideas? I bought a new tool rest, but would be nice to fix originals if possible.
Thanks!
Mark
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

this is not threaded but has a lip that the set screw goes into. I will try and post a picture of this. I probably have an extra tool rest for an er if you contact me off site.
Thanks
Attachments
er tool rest.jpg
er tool rest.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
------------------------
Gold Member

Post by ------------------------ »

There isn't a set screw that I can see. As I look at your picture it is the piece at the top. It is the post attached to the rest that is broken. I may take you up on the one you have. I am going to look at picking up my third Shopsmith on Monday.