Bandsaw Question

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Yep! Cool Blocks are Cool! :cool: Instructions for the smaller 1/8" and 1/16" blades call for closing the blocks onto the blades and letting the set in the blades to cut a groove in the blocks. Also since these blocks are supposed to lubricate the blades - why not use the snug fit for all blades.

The only problem I have had (and it's not really an issue) is after using a small blade to turn sharp corners for a while - the blocks wear (saw) out in the center and cannot hold the blade firm any longer. Just have a spare set of blocks and keep them squared. I sand them to flatten the end surfaces.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
muncyjohn
Gold Member

Post by muncyjohn »

Good point on sanding the cool blocks Chuck!

My (new to me) bandsaw cuts were really raggidy, neighbor came over and says no wonder the blade you are using looks likd a resaw blade, well yesterday I put in a 1/4 6tpi and pulled the blocks, 1: they were set too far apart 2: they were well worn Put them to my belt sander (standalone) and squared them up then as per this forum suggestions put them close to the blade..... what a difference

BTW...... Love my SS 510

John