510 upgrade

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

papahammer8
Gold Member

510 upgrade

Post by papahammer8 »

how can u tell age of 510 upgrade. bought my upgrade on e-bay.complete for 300.00. now ss has the 510 profence on sale normal price 379.00 on sale 265.00. but i need to know the difference between model made before 1986 and after to order. My rails are bolted on and have a thumb screw to tighten the rails down.system i bought in exceptional shape. why i didn't order a 510 upgrade earlier. it's like driving a model t versus the newer trucks out there today. my shop growing by leaps and bounds. i have read so many comparisons between ss and others, but hands down SS has the best no matter the costs quality and support there is. no i'm not rich but have worked wood a lifetime now . i believe i know my equipment. SS keep up the good work. :) now let get busy make some sawdust ( safely). thanks papahammer8
dusty
Platinum Member

510 Upgrade

Post by dusty »

How old is my machine:

The folks at Shopsmith will make sure you order the correct upgrade; call 1-800-762-7555, have your serial number available when you call.

This site should answer your question. I believe you will be thrilled with the upgrade.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq/markv.htm
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

now ss has the 510 profence on sale normal price 379.00 on sale 265.00.
Actually, it's the 520 upgrade (for 510's) that is on sale right now.

Bruce
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

papahammer8 wrote:how can u tell age of 510 upgrade. bought my upgrade on e-bay.complete for 300.00. now ss has the 510 profence on sale normal price 379.00 on sale 265.00. but i need to know the difference between model made before 1986 and after to order. My rails are bolted on and have a thumb screw to tighten the rails down.system i bought in exceptional shape. why i didn't order a 510 upgrade earlier. it's like driving a model t versus the newer trucks out there today. my shop growing by leaps and bounds. i have read so many comparisons between ss and others, but hands down SS has the best no matter the costs quality and support there is. no i'm not rich but have worked wood a lifetime now . i believe i know my equipment. SS keep up the good work. :) now let get busy make some sawdust ( safely). thanks papahammer8
Hi,

I had the same problem you do... I got a used 510r, that being a 500 that had been upgraded to a 510 and had no idea as to when that happened. I gave shopsmith a call and they told me what to look for and away I went. I've been trying to recall what the features were to look for but I'm not sure and I don't want to give you bad information, so give them a call.

I know you will like the upgrade, love the 520 system!

Ed
Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

Is there a link to this sale price or do you have to call to get this price for the upgrade? Following the sale catalog the upgrade shows as $379.00. Would LOVE to up grade at this lower price.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
papahammer8
Gold Member

510 up grade

Post by papahammer8 »

thanks for info forum just a great place. thanks papahammer
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

Thanks for the Link I had missed change on on my SS Homepage.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw