Travelling Academy

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

teufelhund323
Silver Member

Travelling Academy

Post by teufelhund323 »

Hello to all. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if the Travelling academy will be coming to the Massachusetts/New England area anytime soon? The academy has been to West Springfield, Mass., a couple of times since I purchased my 520, but unfortunately I wasn't able to attend either. I'm still getting used to my Shopsmith, and would really like to attend at least the first class, if not all of them. Thanks in advance :)
Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

If you go to this Link you can see if one will be in your area:
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/trav ... gister.htm

I have been to all three, all three were great classes well worth the money. I understand Shopsmith has been doing a little reorganizing so you may have to wait a little for classes to show up in your area.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

It appears that while SS is going through it's financial crunch presently, the only TA's happening are out west. If you read some of the other threads in this forum, you will see that presently SS only has one TA Instructor - I believe Rick Davis. Hopefully things will turn around so they can put on some for the rest of the country. I like the idea of the proposed online instructional format, but would still like to see the TA's return.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
teufelhund323
Silver Member

Post by teufelhund323 »

Thanks for the replies Gampa and RKH. Although I have been on the forum recently (searching and finding tips for aligning my 520 better), I didn't realize Shopsmith was having such troubles. I hope things will get better for them.
Tim :D
Belchertown, Mass.
520/Band Saw