10E Speed Control Questions

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tkhudson
Gold Member

10E Speed Control Questions

Post by tkhudson »

1. I'm a little un clear on how the center sheave of the speed control operates.. is the center section supposed to float free? (that could be my problem) Debating taking it apart, BUT the owners manual states that this set at the factory ( what ever that means)

2. How about running link belts on this? Anyone tried?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tkhudson wrote:1. I'm a little un clear on how the center sheave of the speed control operates.. is the center section supposed to float free? (that could be my problem) Debating taking it apart, BUT the owners manual states that this set at the factory ( what ever that means)

2. How about running link belts on this? Anyone tried?
Yes the center 'flange' floats between the outer flanges. The 'critical' setting is to set the distance between the outer flanges.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

Center floating sheive MUST be free in order for speed changer to work properly otherwise it will not force the belt higher or lower onto the end fixed pulley. Take it apart if it's not able to easily slide back and forth with the belts off. When you put it back together, follow this procedure [ATTACH]8208[/ATTACH] from Skip Campbell at the yahoo ER group and you'll be factory tuned.

I went through the complete process of disassembly, cleaning, and lubing hereand here. Mine was completely frozen.
Attachments
SPEED CHANGER SET UP SHOPSMITH 10ER .pdf
(14.25 KiB) Downloaded 1426 times
Mike
Sunny San Diego
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

PERFECT... thanks again!