Mark V Motors Are on Sale!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dickg1
Gold Member

Mark V Motors Are on Sale!

Post by dickg1 »

Pure speculation - but if Shopsmith has a need to put their Mark V motors on sale . . . could it be that the PowerPro is not far behind?:rolleyes:
Dick
A Veteran-whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve-Is Someone Who, at One Point in Their Life, Signed a Blank Check Made Payable To "The United States of America", For An Amount of 'Up To and Including My Life'
bucksaw
Gold Member

Post by bucksaw »

No. I'm guessing SS just received another stocking order of motors used for new builds and repairs but the minimum order is for way more than they can use over a reasonably time so they put the excess on sale to preserve cash.
Dave - Idaho
Greenie S#261612 - Mar 1954 / Greenie S#305336 - Oct 1955 / Gray S#SS1360 - ?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?" :cool:
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

bucksaw wrote:No. I'm guessing SS just received another stocking order of motors used for new builds and repairs but the minimum order is for way more than they can use over a reasonably time so they put the excess on sale to preserve cash.
Actually purchasing inventory in order to earn a profit by selling it is called a profitable practice. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

On a related subject, not intending to hijack the thread, SS just offered a package to maintain the headstock with cans of lubricant and DVD to show all the areas to maintenance. What are you thoughts?:confused:
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

swampgator wrote:On a related subject, not intending to hijack the thread, SS just offered a package to maintain the headstock with cans of lubricant and DVD to show all the areas to maintenance. What are you thoughts?:confused:
Every shop should have what is contained in the kit!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Thanks, Dusty. Was wondering if I could use some other machine oil instead of SS and just follow the book that came with the machine. Haven't reached that chapter yet.
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
wannabewoodworker
Platinum Member

Post by wannabewoodworker »

swampgator wrote:Thanks, Dusty. Was wondering if I could use some other machine oil instead of SS and just follow the book that came with the machine. Haven't reached that chapter yet.

Just get some Zoom Turbine Oil that is what they supposedly use at the factory.

http://www.zoomspoutoiler.com/
Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Soft Designs Inc.
albiemanmike@gmail.com
1960's SS Mark VII, 1954 Greenie, 1983 Mark V, Jointer, Bandsaw, Jigsaw, Dewalt Slider, Delta Super 10, Delta 8" Grinder, Craftsman compressor, Drill Doctor, Kreg PH Jig, Bosch Jigsaw, Craftsman Router and Table...........and adding more all the time....:D