Power Switch

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robg
Gold Member

Post by robg »

dusty wrote:Let's just think about this for a minute.

Some of us have had a SS for many, many years and have never had a power switch failure.

Still others (at least one) have experienced three of more switch failures in less than a year or two.

Unless you have an awfully 'dusty' shop, I seriously doubt that dust is the root cause of your failures.

If SS does, I certainly hope they have a plan for eliminating that point of vulnerability. Most all SS operate in a 'dusty' environment.
Some of this evidence points to something being wrong with this particular ss. I hope not, but if only one is having a consistent problem, then . . . maybe it's something to do with something the switch connects to. Such as power supply or the motor.
jtomwoods
Gold Member

Post by jtomwoods »

I received a new power switch from SS today. I compared its construction to two of my failed switches. There is a difference. The two failed switches have a gap in the molded plastic -- to the point where I can hold them up to a light and see through them. The new switch is sealed and has no gap. I am hoping this solves the mystery.
Tom Woods
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Thanks for you up-date, Tom! Best Wishes and good luck!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA