repairs in Seattle Area

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bigtdawg13
Bronze Member

repairs in Seattle Area

Post by bigtdawg13 »

Anyone know of a place in the Seattle Washington area that repairs the headstock? My SS just started going slow only. I have oiled it but probably not as often as I should. The bottom Sheave appears stuck. I tried to take it apart based on documents on Shopsmith web site, but something is still not perfect. It goes from slow to fast way to soon. Would feel more secure if someone that knows it better could take a look at it.
Thanks for any info
TOm
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

PM me - I am in redmond and have torn apart quite a few headstocks recently.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

If you need better instruction, watch sawdust session videos 22 thru 24.
http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Sawdust_Sessions.htm
Mike
Sunny San Diego
SCARL
Bronze Member

Re: repairs in Seattle Area

Post by SCARL »

Are you still working on Shopsmiths? I am in Bothell and I have an older machine which needs some work.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

SCARL wrote:Are you still working on Shopsmiths? I am in Bothell and I have an older machine which needs some work.
yes, here and there. I just redid a headstock top to bottom a couple weeks ago
SCARL
Bronze Member

Post by SCARL »

The head was taken apart and never reassembled. The screws were lost and it needs a new electrical cord. I don't know if it needs anything else. Would you be able to get it back into running condition?
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

SCARL wrote:The head was taken apart and never reassembled. The screws were lost and it needs a new electrical cord. I don't know if it needs anything else. Would you be able to get it back into running condition?
Should be able to. Really the biggest issue is how much is still there, and what needs to be replaced. I can get you setup. Just email me and we can go from there.
GlenM
Bronze Member

Post by GlenM »

Is Damagi from Redmond still active here? Or anyone else in Puget Sound area who is knowledgable? I am in Seattle and have a bunch of parts I'd like to sort through in order to find a good home for them. Mostly older parts that I have upgraded from. Thanks.
Hndymn
Bronze Member

Post by Hndymn »

I am looking for a repair part for an old 4" jointer that came with my old, old shopsmith. The jointer is Model 4E, serial # 10253. Looking for the Quadrant assembly. Might you have a source for this part? Thanks.