Pen Turning

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gregfreese
Bronze Member

Pen Turning

Post by gregfreese »

I am looking for someone in the Myrtle Beach area that could show me how to make pens. I will be in the area all next week. Aug 5 - 11. I have all the parts, just haven't had the time to try it.

Ny e-mail is gregfreese@knology.net
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

gregfreese wrote:I am looking for someone in the Myrtle Beach area that could show me how to make pens. I will be in the area all next week. Aug 5 - 11. I have all the parts, just haven't had the time to try it.

Ny e-mail is gregfreese@knology.net
Check for a local Rockler or Woodcrafter both offer frequent pen turning classes. They are cheap and include the arbors. Locally they will put a pen class together with 4 people.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Paul,

I'm in Greenville, SC and would be glad to show you. G'ville is 4 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach, so hopefully you'll be able to find someone closer; but if not and you are willing to drive up to the "upstate", send me an email.