Sharpening Guide

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

drtone
Bronze Member

Sharpening Guide

Post by drtone »

I recently purchased a sharpening quide from SS. I have read the instructions that came with the guide many times. I cannot figure out how to mount the unit on the saw table or the extention table. The degree settings given me at the Academy do not work. Has anyone seen any instructions on the sharpening guide other than the what SS puts out?
james.miller
Gold Member

Post by james.miller »

Mount it in the miter slot positioned so that the tool comes in contact with the sandpaper wheel on its downward side. Do not use the dust collector as it could start a fire. Don't have the lower saw guard mounted around the sanding disc, use a piece of wood laying on the way tubes.

Hope this helps.
Jim in Tucson
joedw00
Platinum Member

Sharpening Guide

Post by joedw00 »

I have had the same trouble. Will give that a try. Thanks
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

If this is any help - I mount mine on the belt sander. It works good there.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
fjimp
Platinum Member

Simplicity At Last

Post by fjimp »

james.miller wrote:Mount it in the miter slot positioned so that the tool comes in contact with the sandpaper wheel on its downward side. Do not use the dust collector as it could start a fire. Don't have the lower saw guard mounted around the sanding disc, use a piece of wood laying on the way tubes.

Hope this helps.

At last I find instructions for this thing that make sense. Shopsmith would do well to replace there instructions for use with this simple statment. Thank you Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.