Can't Locate A Specific Drawer/Door Pull

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

berry
Platinum Member

Can't Locate A Specific Drawer/Door Pull

Post by berry »

I’m having trouble locating a specific Drawer/Door Pull. So I’m listing this post in all the forums I visit regularly and I’m hoping one of you will be able to point me in the right direction.

After putting it off years I remodeling our kitchen including building the cabinets from scratch. In part, I was motivated by a design I saw in a magazine. The October 2005 issue of Workbench Magazine had a feature spread on a Contemporary Craftsman kitchen remodel. My wife and I really liked the design and how the cabinet pulls, the editors selected, worked with the design.

The brushed nickel handles, in the article had about a number of rows (I’d say 15) of debossed or indented squares, 3 squares to a row.

In the Materials & Hardware section of the article the part was listed as “Smedbo SME-04356 Drawer/Door Pulls”. But when I ‘Google’ that part number, the item that is displayed, has indented circles not squares. The Buyer’s Guide in the article listed as MyKnobs.com, I contacted them but they no longer carry the part.

I saw handles at Home Depot in the winter of 06. When I went back to purchase them a few months ago HD longer had them nor could they tell me anything about them.

Of course I’m looked at the other ‘big box stores’ here and have tried on-line but so far I’m luckless.

That’s my sad story. I can’t believe that all of those handles have been used up and they’re gone. There must be 30 sitting on some shelf in some store, waiting for a good home.

Thanks for your help! (I think I posted a picture with this, but who knows?)
Attachments
Scan10005.JPG
Scan10005.JPG (74.27 KiB) Viewed 9004 times
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

[quote="berry"] The October 2005 issue of Workbench Magazine had a feature spread on a Contemporary Craftsman kitchen remodel. My wife and I really liked the design and how the cabinet pulls, the editors selected, worked with the design.

The brushed nickel handles, in the article had about a number of rows (I&#8217]

I feel your frustration, Berry! Have had similar problems in the past.

Looked at the article in the mag. and agree - you guys have selected a very nice design! I didn't bother to search the net as you already have, but here are a couple of substitutes that you may find suitable.

First there's 02A36.16 @ $7.30 ea from Lee Valley. I'm afraid these might have round holes like the ones you don't care for. (Weathered Nickel finish)

Next; There's several out of "Woodworkers Hardware Catalog"

- A04428 R and A04428 RBZ and A04428 WI from Woodworker's Hardware. These are "Amerock" brand. I like the square raised metal near the ends of these pulls. Several finishes to choose from - rustic brass, rustic bronze, wrought iron. You can tell the finish from the last initials of the part number.
These cost from $4.26 to $4.76 each, in a box of 25.

BWP2925 SN (satin nickel) However these may have round indents rather than square. You'll have to ask. These cost $5.48 each when you buy a box of 10. They are shaped about like the ones in the article, but are 128 mm long. Not my favorite, but may be yours.

BWM677 15B with a backplate of BWM679 15B The color here is old English Pewter. The pulls are fully dimpled as are the backplates. However the backplates have 4 squares cut out near each end. The cut outs match the Craftsman look quite nicely. (at least in my opinion - your wife's may be different) (It's easy for me to have this favorite - it's not my money) They are pricey at $10.19 each in a box of 10 for the pulls and $13.34 each for a box of 5 for the backplates. If it's any consolation, these also come in antique satin bronze finish.

There is also another pull that gives a look that will go with the craftsman style. BWP7526 AP AND BPW7526 WDA There are definite 4 square indents near the ends of these pulls. These are a little different as they have 2 1/2" centers while the pulls are about 4 1/2 long.

They have another that has 3 inch centers with the same four square indents. These are BWP7525 AP AND BWP7525 WDA Definitely give these a look! antique pewter fro $4.10 each in a box of 25 and $3.55 each in a box of 25 for windover antique.

numbers for this source are 1-800-383-0130 or http://www.woodworkershardware.com
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Charlese, thank you, that's awesome. How do you have so much info? (My better half is on the left coast for a few days, it's so nice to have a job that lets you work weekends.) Anyway we'll have a starting place to find similar hardware to go with the 'craftsman' look. Berry
dickroan
Silver Member

Post by dickroan »

You might also try Rockler catalog or hardware.....Order catalog at [url]http://www.rockler.com....Largest[/url] hardware assortment I've ever seen anywhere and will be a good future resource.....dick
:cool: