Attaching Velcro Disc Sanding Fastening System

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

dusty wrote:ejacobson

I find it works better if you try to pull the paper back on itself as opposed to pulling it away from the adhesive.

I would advise against using any sort of sharp object to remove the paper. I definitely would not attempt to cut the paper (you might cut the disc).
Hi, ejacobson
As I remember, there should be that wavy separation line. If the bending thing, as Ed suggested doesn't work - - I'll have to disagree with Dusty just a little bit. You can always try to slip a sharp chisel between the protective paper and the disk along the outside edge of the disk.

Where do you live? I might guess somewhere in the southwest.
Could be that heat in the shipping container did it's job on the paper.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

charlese wrote:Hi, ejacobson
As I remember, there should be that wavy separation line. If the bending thing, as Ed suggested doesn't work - - I'll have to disagree with Dusty just a little bit. You can always try to slip a sharp chisel between the protective paper and the disk along the outside edge of the disk.

Where do you live? I might guess somewhere in the southwest.
Could be that heat in the shipping container did it's job on the paper.
I'm in MO and it's been in the 100's for a week. You don't have to live in the Southwest to be hot. :)
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

batg4 wrote:I'm in MO and it's been in the 100's for a week. You don't have to live in the Southwest to be hot. :)
That's why I said "I might..."
In fact it has been hotter in Mo. than here. 103 today, but feels like 97. Low humidity is the key. My Bro. lives in St. Louis. - 103 feels like 115! Of course all those temps are in the shade. That Sun is brutal to animals and shipping boxes.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA