Weekly Blog - September 2nd

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

The end of another beautiful week! Even got to lay in the hammock today and watch the birds at the feeder, the squirrels eating the fallen apples, and a rabbit scurry accross the lawn, oh yeah, also listened to the traffic from the highway close by. Actually I shouldn't complain I do live in a suburb of a large city.

Real excitement in the garden though as we spotted a praying mantis. Now some of you may say "so what", but this guy cost me $21.00. Earlier this year, I sent away for a cluster of eggs which was to produce 40 - 400 praying mantids. Well I watched several dozen hatch, and then disappear, until today. I also ordered a cluster for each of our two families with younger grandchildren. They have had insects all summer long.

Now on to the real world. I finished two woodworking projects but the basement window is yet to be finished. That goes to show I have my priorities in order. The outdoor decorations were finished as well as the two bread knives. The doll cradle is progressing on schedule and hopefully will be finished this week.

The next new project will be the CD wall cabinet. The wood is bought and cut to rough size ready for edge gluing, etc.

Meet the fully dressed " Mr. & Mrs. Frosty". (Well I tried, but apparently the file is too big and I'm not sure how to resize it. Maybe later)

Have a good week!

John
rowdyy
Silver Member

Post by rowdyy »

Does sound like you had a great day John. I had a great day here in my corner of the Texas countryside as well. Good food and great friends always makes life better.

Remodling the kitchen here means new kitchen cabinets, which I started last night by cutting the first panels for the upper cabinets last night. Crasftsman styling, red oak panels, facings and doors.
Bryan Yates
Wolfe City, TX