Long week...

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Long week...

Post by robinson46176 »

I've not been on a lot this week. We just buried my wife's mother (94) today...
It has been a very very long week. Diana has 7 siblings and the ensuing family is quite large. Lots of good people but the process has left us wanting a day off... I think we are pretty well done now. We cleaned out her room at the assisted living facility already and I think the ducks are all lined up pretty well now. There are 8 kids (OK, much older kids :) ) but "most" of the responsibility for the care of her mother had fallen to my wife for the last 8 years and so it seems that dealing with all of her personal things has as well. Oh, well... :rolleyes:

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

My condolences to your wife on the loss of her mother. Losing a parent is not easy to accept, but usually preferable to the other way around. Ask any parent that has lost a child. That you do not 'expect'.

God Speed!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I'm sorry for your loss. This is a part of life we all don't want to deal with, but it has to be done. Just try to move on and enjoy your life from here on.
I have a similar day tomorrow. I lost my cousin who was my age. She had serious health problems for the past 10 or 15 years, and it now came to an end. We grew up together, went to school together, and tomorrow we put her to rest.
All we can do is go on and enjoy every day we are blessed to have.
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Losing loved ones is always rough but we all will have to deal with it or have already. I have lost both my parents and a sister in the past 20 years. We are here just for a short time and our Creator has prepared a better place for us. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

robinson46176 wrote:I've not been on a lot this week. We just buried my wife's mother (94) today...
It has been a very very long week. Diana has 7 siblings and the ensuing family is quite large. Lots of good people but the process has left us wanting a day off... I think we are pretty well done now. We cleaned out her room at the assisted living facility already and I think the ducks are all lined up pretty well now. There are 8 kids (OK, much older kids :) ) but "most" of the responsibility for the care of her mother had fallen to my wife for the last 8 years and so it seems that dealing with all of her personal things has as well. Oh, well... :rolleyes:

Farmer,

Please accept my condolences on your loss.

Roy
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

Others have said it all and well. Care giving is draining even with out the emotion of a loss. My Bride is a caregiver for her mom. God Bless you both!
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

My deepest sympathies to you and Diana, Francis. I totally understand caregiving, but now is the time for the two of you and your children. Find something she has wanted to do for a very long time and shift gears. Again, so sorry for your loss. Looking forward to your new projects.
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Sorry for your loss! Both to you and especially your wife. 8 years is a long - long time for special care and it takes a toll on everyone involved and their supporters.

During these years we all unfortunately find ourselves is similar conditions, that is unless we lead the stampede:eek:
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA