Vintage PTWFE Tablesaw

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Vintage PTWFE Tablesaw

Post by tomsalwasser »

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W8DCq7Tme8

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBttvVPX2Qw

Enjoy! Dusty, be sure to watch at least the first few minutes of part 1.
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

Thanks so much for posting and sharing that. It was really fun to watch.
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Thanks so much for sharing, Tom! Was this film in the 'box'?;)
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

tomsalwasser wrote:Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W8DCq7Tme8

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBttvVPX2Qw

Enjoy! Dusty, be sure to watch at least the first few minutes of part 1.

OKAY I did that Tom. Three times.

I hope these films were made before push sticks and push blocks. It scares me every time he gets close to the blade and even more when he passes his hand over the blade while cutting dados and using the shaper.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Interesting 'Barnagaingang'!;)

Happy Easter Dusty!!!!

And Y'all as well!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Dusty, I'd say that these were made in about 1953/55.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

dusty wrote:OKAY I did that Tom. Three times.

I hope these films were made before push sticks and push blocks. It scares me every time he gets close to the blade and even more when he passes his hand over the blade while cutting dados and using the shaper.
he actually uses pushsticks in a couple places...didnt see any push blocks
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

dusty wrote:OKAY I did that Tom. Three times.
I was impressed to see "handy neighbor" use his fence (with relief spacer for safety) to make repeated length cross cuts.
fiatben
Platinum Member

Way cool

Post by fiatben »

I loved it! Although it really was scary in the first one that the first thing he did was make a crosscut followed by a rip cut without turning off the saw as he mounted the fence. Ahhhh, those were simpler times.......
'55 Greenie #292284 (Mar-55), '89 SS 510 #020989, Mark VII #408551 (sold 10/14/12), SS Band Saw, (SS 500 #36063 (May-79) now gone to son-in-law as of 11-11), Magna bandsaw, Magna jointer 16185 (May-54), Magna belt sander SS28712 (Dec-82), Magna jigsaw SS4397 (Dec-78), SS biscuit joiner, Zyliss (knockoff) vise, 20+ hand planes, 60s Craftsman tablesaw, CarbaTec mini-lathe, and the usual pile of tools. Hermit of the Hills Woodworks, a hillbilly in the foothills of the Ozarks, scraping by.
ddvann79
Gold Member

Post by ddvann79 »

tomsalwasser wrote:I was impressed to see "handy neighbor" use his fence (with relief spacer for safety) to make repeated length cross cuts.
I was impressed to see how easily his sheet goods came off the outfeed side, magically without falling to the floor. It helps to have a few extra hands catch the sheet off-camera. :D

Tom,

Why make these videos private? Why not share them with all of YouTube? I'd like to add them to one of my playlists. If you're worried about copyright, Magna is long gone. Just a suggestion.
Dalton
Fort Worth, Texas
1962 MK 5 #373733 Goldie