Traveling Academy in Texas

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ricknwood
Gold Member

Traveling Academy in Texas

Post by ricknwood »

Just wanted to let you folks in Texas know that the Traveling Academy will be coming to your great state in Jan-Feb 08. I'm very sorry we were unable to bring our wonderful educational program to you last year, but this year I will be back. Keep watching the Academy's schedule. Texas will be posted in the next month. Thanks for your patience and support,
Traveling Academy Instructor, Rick Davis
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Traveling Academys Across the Nation

Post by a1gutterman »

A thought just occured to me and I may be talking out-of-turn; however, give this idea some thought:

If a group of, say 15 to 20 (more than 20, including spouses, is too large a class for one instructor to handle), ShopSmithers in a specific area got together on their own, and could come up with a time and place for a Traveling Academy that did not conflict with Rick Davis' schedule, maybe he could be convinced to conduct classes for that group.

IMHO the group would have to very organized. For example, conditions would probably have to be in place such as these:

1) A solid group of participants would need to pool their class fees together in advance. (refunds could be made if the idea fails)

2) An appropriate time in the future would have to be selected that is well behind Ricks current schedule.

3) Hotel arrangements for both a room and a place for the academy would have to be tentatively arranged.

If all of this work was done before contacting Rick and/or SS, he/they just may get convinced to do an academy for that group. Any thoughts?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.