How do you guys do it??

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: How do you guys do it??

Post by dusty »

Interesting post from an IP in Raebareli, India. And another about sliding T-Nuts.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Dusty,

Thanks for checking the location once again of a new poster with something that doesn't quite fit or is on an old topic. I agree with RFGuy that maybe member's location should automatically be part of their information. I think that would help but in the meantime thanks again for helping out on that.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Matanuska
Gold Member

Post by Matanuska »

dusty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:30 pm I had mine done professionally four years ago amd it looks like new today. Yes, the floor was first abraded first, then cleaned with a solvent and then vacuumed right before application. Wasn't cheap but it appears as though it will outlast me.

Mine is flaked with black, white and gray chips. I would change that if I could. It does a great job of providing camouflage for small, parts.
I did the same and really like it. Multi-color flakes do a great job of hiding glue gobs and other stains, but I can't count how may times I've been down on my hands and knees looking for a nut or bolt I've dropped. Finally bought a 12" sweep magnet on the end of a stick and now listen for clicks as I move it across the floor.
1985 Mark V upgraded to 520 PowerPro. Shopsmith cast iron table bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and 60's vintage 610 jigsaw SPT's. Makita 2040 15" planer, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router table.