Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

This is what Nick posted. Does it work any differently?

http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Hands%2 ... e_test.htm

This is the same text string with the missing characters (which are critical) put back in. The curley brackets at the beginning and end must be removed for the url to work properly.
{http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Hands%2 ... e_test.htm}
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RobertTaylor
Platinum Member

mondays sawdust session test

Post by RobertTaylor »

:o hey guys, nick's link appears to be working correctly as it is. hope to see you there, bob
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

Hi Bob,

Yep, it IS. Guess they just hadn't turned it on yesterday. I plan to be there tomorrow. See you then.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Question how do I sign in with my name? I went to the site and I see some of you are signed in but I can only respond as guest 4178. How do I register my name. Remember this is my first opportunity to go live since I just installed broadband since the last Saw dust session.

Never mind Scottss told me how to do it. Thanks anyhow
Ed
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

I posted this in the Chat Room, and wanted to also post it here in case it didn't get seen. I cleaned it up a bit from the chat room and added to it also.

One last thought - Orange County, CA and all of Southern Calif. is witnessing a tremendous and disastrous two days of extreme winds and fires. Many downed power and communication lines as well as an extreme amount of VHF radio freq. transmissions from firefighters. This situation could have added to transmission difficulties from Orange County. Wind gust was measured yesterday of 108 MPH. on a mountain top North of Orange County. Numerous gusts from 40 to 80 MPH are occurring in the valleys. Over 200,000 acres on fire and over 275,000 homes evacuated. It's really a wonder that any communication came from Orange County.

Winds today are so high that aerial fire suppression aircraft cannot fly.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
dusty
Platinum Member

Fire Danger??

Post by dusty »

charlese,

I know you are in the So. CA area. Are you being threatened at all where you are at? If I recall, you are in Lancaster. Is that near Apple Valley? I camp in a camp ground there occasionally.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.