Clamping

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Clamping

Post by dusty »

berry, the hold downs are absolutely terrific. Yes, they might not be your original design but the application is fantastic. I like your photos, too.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rcoder
Gold Member

Table clamps

Post by rcoder »

Berry,

I want to make those. Do you have the issue no. they appeared in?? I know I have it as I have all issues of WoodSmith and ShopNotes. If you don't recall can you give some basic dimensions.

Bob
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Berry,
Wow, those hold downs look so simple but also you can see how practical they can be. I also would be interested in more information about them like the dimensions or where you found the info. Also noticed your home made roller stand in the background of one of the pictures. I also get enjoyment out of making jigs that are useful to me as well as simplistic to build. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
rcoder
Gold Member

Hold down clamp

Post by rcoder »

Berry,

I am going to answer my own question. I went to the most recent comprehensive index and the plans are in issue no. 70 page 30. Now to the shop for construction.

Bob
charlese
Platinum Member

Nice Work!

Post by charlese »

Berry - You and tchwrtr55 (Mark) and Woodsmith have come up with a wonderful solution and really cool clamps/hold downs.:cool: Nice work!! And has already been noticed - Nice Photos!!

Thanks for sharing and glad you can put those "C" clamps to rest.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Thanks for the kind of words.

Now that rcoder aka Bob found the WS issue number, does anyone need dimensions/instructions to make a set?