Test Video - for Sawdust Sessions

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Test Video - for Sawdust Sessions

Post by dusty »

Would it be possible, Nick and/or Drew, to get a test bed put up that demos the new video format (if there is one)?:confused:

The first half of the test session on Monday went well for me but then came the second test. I was never able to get up using the Windows Media format.

I am almost certain that it was all a stupid blunder on my part but I would sure feel better if I could confirm that.

Maybe this is unreasonable to ask. I don't know how difficult, time consuming and costly this might be. If it never happens, I certainly understand.:)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
bkhop
Gold Member

Post by bkhop »

Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

I don't think we even bothered to save the file, guys...Just checked with Drew and no, we didn't. Sorry, but I don't think you missed much. Drew will tell you that I was totally uninteresting for the second half hour.

But while I've got you here, let me say again how grateful Drew and I are that all of you helped us out yesterday. We got some extremely interesting feedback. I'm boiling down the raw data right now from the questionairre, and will start compiling the comments afterwards. I'll share the report with you later this week.

With all good wishes,
dusty
Platinum Member

Test Video - for Sawdust Session

Post by dusty »

I am most grateful to the "Shopsmith Crew" for all that you have done. Not just the Sawdust Sessions but the forum, the Traveling Academy, the emails, everything.

My recovery period has been much easier, my equipment is much better shape now after being neglected for nearly three years, some of my wood working skills have been rehoned and my self confidence in the shop has been restored. I believe these things would have occurred anyhow but not as quickly as they have.

I have even developed some computer/network skills that I may never have developed otherwise. Monday, during the 2nd test video run it did not seem like have I learned anything but I have. Saturday, during the Sawdust Session, I'll find out.

Thank you all for your contributions. I am much better off now than I was a couple years ago when I was released from the care facility. If I ever have to return to that situation, it will be with a wireless interface to the internet. At least I won't be out of touch.

Thank you and God Bless.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Nick wrote:...But while I've got you here, let me say again how grateful Drew and I are that all of you helped us out yesterday. We got some extremely interesting feedback. I'm boiling down the raw data right now from the questionairre, and will start compiling the comments afterwards. I'll share the report with you later this week.

With all good wishes,
Hope you don't miss the fact that Monday especially noon PST (3pm Dayton time) and later, the atmosphere was very poor for transmissions from Orange County. Even the local TV stations were having a hard time with their microwave transmissions, because of smoke and winds. VHF also were very busy,and having difficulties.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA