Wood Tip is a Stock Quote?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Wood Tip is a Stock Quote?

Post by charlese »

Funny thing - I was just on my Shopsmith Owner's page and clicked on the "view tip" expecting a Daily Wood Tip from "Wood Shop Tips.com" (two hot ways to remove sanding disks).

Up came a web page that was mostly Stock market Quotes. There was a choice on that page for Woodshop. This gave me Woodcraft, Target Stores, ETC. What happened?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I agree. This is strange. It looks like someone other than ShopSmith is now in control of the www.woodshoptips.com web site. At the bottem of the "home" page is an e-mail link that when you place your mouse on it without clicking, you can see most of the word "expired" down at the bottem of the page. Will someone from SS please shed some light?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Off hand I would say Shopsmith's ownership of the site id ran out and someone scooped it up, Now they try to point you to websites that have paid them to do just that. If you notice down at the bottom is a blue line saying why am I viewing this website. If you click it, it will email the site.
This to me is an attempt to find out who is looking and capturing their email address so they can be SPAM'ed.

I will await the offical SS answer.
Ed
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Yeah! I clicked on that link. When the E-mail frame showed up I deleted it. Don't need any spam. Ate enough in my life!;)
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
charlese
Platinum Member

It has been fixed!

Post by charlese »

As of this morning - 10/29/07 the tips site has been repaired. We can now see tips/
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
admin
Gold Member

Wood Tips

Post by admin »

It looks like our bulk registrar did not renew that domain name which expired over the weekend, that stock quote page I believe is their default page or something. It's back up and should be good until 10/2009...if anyone see's something weird like that again please let us know.
Shopsmith I.T.