Question on December Lathe Class

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Question on December Lathe Class

Post by paulmcohen »

I am thinking of taking the 3 day Lathe Class in December, does anyone have a detailed schedule of what is covered. What is the weather like that time of year? Any airport and hotel recommendations or other useful information?

If the weather stinks are you offering this again during a nicer time of the year?
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Paul, I've got to warn you that at this moment in time it's very likely that we will be moving the Academy around in late November and early December, as well as rewiring the "web shop" because Drew and I keep toasting the fuse box. (We pump about 12,000 watts into the set when we're online. That seems to be about 20 watts more than what our circuitry was designed to handle. Somedays we get the electrons, some days the electrons get loose.) So it's likely we will have curtail classes during that time -- I'm waiting to get word from higher up. If you need to make plans this week, I'd advise to err on the side of caution and wait till we offer lathe turning again in June 2008. -- Nick
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Thanks , I needed to book airfare before next Sunday (11/10) so I have a little time. The weather in June has to be a lot nicer than in December anyway.

When you post the new schedule can you include, information about airport and local hotels. When I use Expedia and say Dayton I get too big a list.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC