This Just Can't Be True

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

This Just Can't Be True

Post by dusty »

MEDICARE PREMIUM INCREASE
For those of you who are on Medicare, read the following. It's short, but important and you probably haven't heard about it in the mainstream news:

"The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the present monthly fee of

$96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012;

$120.20 in 2013;

And

$247.00 in 2014."

These are provisions incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, purposely delayed so as not to 'confuse' the 2012 re-election campaigns.

Has anyone read anything about this. I sure have not heard anything like this discussed during the Presidential Debates.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

I'm afraid it's true Dusty and you won't hear anything about it anytime soon for the reasons you stated. In the meantime, there hasn't been a Social Security raise in three years now and for those of us already on it, I sure don't look for one in the future. Most of us on Social Security are in the poverty level already but not like we are going to be in the future. This is a debate that I don't think should be on this forum even if it is in the community section. It raises too much frustration that goes on forever. Sad world isn't it Dusty but will be even worse for our children.
pennview
Platinum Member

Post by pennview »

Well, Obamacare cuts $500,000,000 from Medicare, so I guess they need to hike premiums to cover the shortfall. Just something to think about over the next 14 months, but all of the Republican candidates for president say they will undo Obamacare if elected.

That should be $500,000,000,000 cut from Medicare.
Art in Western Pennsylvania
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

New Leaf Custom Woodworking
Berry Conway - Chief Dust Maker
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Dusty presented this as a question which is the right way to do it. One must understand that if these third tier lies were to have an ounce of truth in them they would have indeed have been discussed in depth during that debate. They and their people knew full well that this was an empty lie cranked out by the hate groups and so they wisely ignored it. You can be sure they all had their own fact checkers on it from the start.

As far as so-called "Obamacare" goes the vast majority of the American public does not have any idea what it is all about (especially those that spout about it the most) beyond what they have read in internet tripe like the above or spewed crap from the opportunistic TV hate mongers...

I am always amazed at the number of sheeple that repeat over and over such tripe without checking it out for themselves. The web (across the board) is worse than a bunch of mis-informed old women at the back fence. Hear it, repeat it...
No thanks, I'll do my own thinking and check my own facts... I will not just accept stuff because it might happen to run parallel to my own thoughts.
Ok, I'm done... On to better subjects...

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Thank you. I am not on SS, but will be next year.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

At this writing, the project cost of living increase for SS and other beneficiaries (i.e., military retirement) is between 3.4 and 3.7%. The final number is dependent upon what happens during this month. The figure is based upon the increase (or not) in the COLA figure in the three months, July - September, compared to the previous years' three month period.

Medicare recipients should be aware that a portion of this increase in their SS checks may be absorbed by an increase in the Medicare Part B premium if they enrolled in Part B prior to 2010, thereby catching up to
the current premium.

Dick
A Veteran-whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve-Is Someone Who, at One Point in Their Life, Signed a Blank Check Made Payable To "The United States of America", For An Amount of 'Up To and Including My Life'
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

dickg1 wrote:At this writing, the project cost of living increase for SS and other beneficiaries (i.e., military retirement) is between 3.4 and 3.7%. The final number is dependent upon what happens during this month. The figure is based upon the increase (or not) in the COLA figure in the three months, July - September, compared to the previous years' three month period.

Medicare recipients should be aware that a portion of this increase in their SS checks may be absorbed by an increase in the Medicare Part B premium if they enrolled in Part B prior to 2010, thereby catching up to
the current premium.

Dick
I understand what you are saying and I do not disagree]cola"[/B] has increased even if the allowance has not.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
pennview
Platinum Member

Post by pennview »

Here's where you can find a copy of Obamacare -- http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111pu ... ubl148.pdf -- if you have an interest in reading it.

Frankly, no one has any idea how Obamacare will end up and how much it will cost because so much of the law deals with the creation of new panels and organizations to handle healthcare, and gives to them and the Secretary of Health authority to promulgate new rules and regulations. Read the law if you think otherwise.

What is clear though is that $500,000,000 is to be cut from Medicare under Obamacare for payments to doctors and hospitals, among others, and that can't be good for people relying on Medicare for their health care.

That should be $500,000,000,000 cut from Medicare.
Art in Western Pennsylvania