Catalogs

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

As much as I like to use the computer (as we all apparently do) I still like to get the catalogs delivered in a timely manner? The reason is that there are times like around the holiday season, birthdays, and Father's Day that I am asked the same question, "What would you like for..."? Having the most current catalog available really solves the issue when I can show either the spouse or the kids what would really make life better in my workshop. I am notified by Shopsmith for e-mail specials, as I assume the rest of you out there are.

After reading a few of the comments, I saw a couple that really stood out. I really liked the idea of Shopsmith keeping track of what owners have purchased. I believe it could be used to help to improve overall sales and service to the customer/client. If someone had purchased or were given their machine secondhand, they could get their machine registered within the Shopsmith database. If I am not mistaken, that is available to them now. Then it would be easy to keep track of what the owner desires. Maybe this is a hair-brained idea, maybe it isn't. What do the rest of you think?

Have a good one,
BPR
mckenziedt
Gold Member

Post by mckenziedt »

Here are some comments on my circumstances. I usually place 1 or 2 phone orders per year. In the past 5 years the lowest value order was about $50.00 and the highest about $500.00. My orders are by toll free phone no. This is because the e-mail order method will not work for a Canadian customer. The order desk lady is always very nice and helpful. I regularly receive e-mailed info and promotions. Last spring I asked for a new 2007 catalog to be sent, but was told they weren't out yet, so a seasonal one was sent. This fall I sent an e-mail request for the '07 and received an acknowledgement that it would be sent, but nothing has been received 6 weeks later. I like a glossy catalog about every 2 years to drool over and highlight what I have and what I want with yellow and green highlighters. For specials, sales, seasonal promotions and new items, I am quite satisfied with web site info. (PDF would be nice though. Printing out individual screens is a bit much for many items.) It would also be nice if a shopping cart/wish list could be maintained on SS's data base (as per Camping World's system). That way an order being made up over a number of days would not be lost when I log off my computer, use a different computer, my wife logs on, or if it is shut down over night.
easterngray
Platinum Member

catalogues

Post by easterngray »

It would also be nice if a shopping cart/wish list could be maintained on SS's data base (as per Camping World's system).
I totally agree. I buy tons of items from Cabelas - from my work clothes to fishing gear, and they have a great "wish list" system. Not only is it convenient for loved ones when gift time rolls around, but it serves as a handy reminder for things I need or want, but don't presently have the money for. Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's