Oh overarm pin router, where art thou?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

admin wrote:Paul I had your order expedited, the Router Arm will ship tomorrow, we received the parts to build them today.

Normally the longest anything will stay on back-order is 30 days unless the parts come from overseas which isnt often almost all of our materials are from the U.S.
Well, that is fantastic news. Now I am a bit humbled. :o I was not trying to complain or ask for special treatment, only to get an expectation as to how long I should expect to wait and to also get on the soap box a bit about how valuable the sawdust sessions and the video postcards are (because I want you guys to be wildly succesful!).

But... Thank you!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I'm excited now. :D

Paul
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Back order response

Post by kd6vpe »

Nick,
Thank you for letting us know the situation. I appreciate your response and guess what guys the bandsaw cover was shipped then next day after my forum entry. I did not mean to use the forum as a complaining arena I was just letting other know what was happening. Nick thank you very much for your attention to all of us. This is why I have a shopsmith and am willing to contiue to upgrade the equipment.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

kd6vpe wrote:Nick,
This is why I have a shopsmith and am willing to contiue to upgrade the equipment.
Me too. Amen to that.

Paul
Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

Having been a Navy Storekeeper for 20 years I understand the concepts being put to use by Shopsmith for keeping inventory at levels that don't exceed demand. That being said however, it would be nice if a quick email informing us of an estimated shipping date on back ordered items was sent out. It would just be in keeping with the great customer service we have all gotten use to.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
sierramike
Bronze Member

Backorders

Post by sierramike »

Please keep the dear ladies in Customer Service informed of:
1) the reason why key products are on long backorders,
2) the projected order fulfillment date,
3) reassuring we, the consumers, that we will not be charged until the day of shipping.
Most of us are very reasonable, and with the above info, can patiently wait.
What is not acceptable from a business standpoint is keeping your Customer Service staff in the dark as to items 1 & 2 above.
Better yet, how about an email to those of us that have items on backorder, giving us timely updates as to the status of unfufilled items in our order. As is, we have to call (800# is increased expense to you) just to find out what item on a given order is backordered.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Welcome to the Forum, sierramike! I'm sure Shopsmith is listening to your suggestions.

I have a question! From your name, one can assume you live in So. Cal. However, my question is - Where do you call home?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA