Incra questions

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Incra questions

Post by ryanbp01 »

There is a Woodcraft store in my area. They are constantly advertising Incra products the same as Shopsmith. What ramifications are there or would there be purchasing locally versus from Shopsmith?
dusty
Platinum Member

Incra Questions

Post by dusty »

I believe the only issue will be with the miter bar; Shopsmith'sd is a different size and I don't believe Incra will sell Shopsmith uniqe parts direct.

Contact Incra and ask.

Incra's customer service: (972) 242-9975 email: linda@incra.com
Incra's website: http://www.incra.com
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

ryanbp01,

Incra products may be in my distant future. For what it's worth, I think the Incra Shopsmith miter-sled type stuff differs only in the miter-bar size, as has been stated above.
For the TSIII type of "super table saw fence," I would like to do more research. A few weeks ago I saw Incra at a local woodshow, and the demo on this fence was impressive. After the demo I asked the guy if the Shopsmith version was the same, and I think he said the Shopsmith version was based on a slightly older-generation Incra mechanism than the brand-new one that they were demonstrating for general table saws. Anyway they both have accuracy to the nth degree.... they were ripping identical weave-able thin slats off the edge of a board, over and over.

Chris
Shopsmith 510, Bandsaw, and other accessories
bkhop
Gold Member

Post by bkhop »

james.miller
Gold Member

Post by james.miller »

I have the Incra 5000 for the Shopsmith and really like it.

Also look at the Jointech Saw Train for the Shopsmith http://www.jointech.com/shopsmith.htm , some like it better than the Incra TS III.
Jim in Tucson