Mark VII and a Big Thanks

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dougrl
Silver Member

Mark VII and a Big Thanks

Post by dougrl »

A couple of months ago I bought a Mark 7 [no research], I knew the motor was shot. Not a problem, rewind, and away we go. Well, not the way to go. A call to Shopsmith and I got a quick run down on the Mark 7 and the lesson of my life, my only hope was, this lady gave me the name of a shop in California, then next to Florida, then to Kentuckey, and then next to Virginia. and I had my answer and what I had to do. Call the shopsmith connection here in Canada, All in One Wood tool store, and ordered a new Mark 5 motor that would get me going and it did. No reverse or dust collector but I can live without these. So again, Many, Many thanks Fellows, for your help and info that you gave me, my Mark 7 is clicking along. The bandsaw is a beautiful tool, put a new blade on it and oiled it up and away it went. I must tell you about the 6x48" belt sander, put a new belt on it and in 25 seconds I had the longest strip of 1/2 sandpaper that you have ever seen, well, that is fixed. On to the jigsaw, oiled it up, put a new blade in it, and it works very well also. Next the table saw, this, I do not like, my table is small and a 10' blade moving at 4 or 5000 RPM's and no guides came with the saw so thats out, The drill press and lathe works very very well. I happy with this tool even though, it is I believe, about 60 years old, but I am older, and still working GOOD and have all my fingers also. Now I have to start making sawdust. Again Many Thanks, for the Help I received in order to get my Shopsmith going. Cheers for now, Doug
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

Doug:

Glad to see that we have another Canuck aboard. Where are you from?

The SS is a great machine as you will find once you get use to it.

Have fun

John