Power Station Caster 'alteration'.

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Power Station Caster 'alteration'.

Post by JPG »

Getting my foot under the power station to operate the foot pedal was not easy for my big feet.

So I finally had a brain storm. I noticed the foot pedal stuck out the outside a bit. However it was upside down. You needed to reach down and pull up to operate it.

So a modification was done. Simply reverse the cam shaft end for end. That put the foot pedal facing up(normal) on the outside and stepping down on it(normal) operated the pistons. Being on the outside, it is easy to get to with size 12 gondolas. Although they do stick out, it is not too far to be a problem.

[ATTACH]14499[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14500[/ATTACH]

Both pix are after mod. Nothing done but rearranging(reassembling) the parts.
Attachments
power station caster mod a.jpg
power station caster mod a.jpg (643.82 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
power station caster mod b.jpg
power station caster mod b.jpg (484.72 KiB) Viewed 5307 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange