Kreg Fence instalation

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Yes there is a lot sticking out to the left. If I remember correctly it has to do with the fine adjustment abilities. Unfortunately my saw is set up in a different configuration at the moment.

The Kreg set up is one I truly have not been able to master or understand. I really do hope Nicks does a class on it soon. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

I have one, and the first thing that struck me was the safety issue with the rails sticking out so far in back. I have to ssume this is because of adapting the original Kreg set-up to fit the SS blade slot location which is different from most bandsaws. I haven't really looked at it but this could probably be remedied by drilling another hole in the rails to allow the fence to be moved forward. Then the back bracket would have to be repositioned but I don't think this is a problem.

The other thing I don't particularly like is how heavy and unwieldly it made the band saw when moving it off and on the machine.

As far as performance goes, I am glad I got it as it has helped to cut wider and more accuaretly tham I could before.

Another small issue, (and tip for SS) is with the strip sander. If the length of the knob used to adjust the table tilt was shortened by 1/4" the sander could be left in place when raising the SS to be used as a drill press, like when using eccentric tubes on the BS. At least that is the case with my sander.

Again very pleased with the performance and utlity of this tool.

John