cross reference for "air" nails???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

cross reference for "air" nails???

Post by reible »

Hi,

Does anyone know of a cross reference table between different brands of air nailers and the nails they take and other brands of nails. Or a table that shows what nails are the same with different brand part numbers listed... Like if I wanted a 16-Ga 2" long galvanized nail and I know the recomended nail for my gun. Like is a FB005060 the same as a M001005??

Does this question make sence???

Maybe it would be clearer this way. I have my manual for my nailer and it says to use a FB005060. The store doesn't have that brand but they carry a few others. My nailers are on the older side so they are not the models listed on the boxes. (The store doesn't seem to have a book like in the automotive areas for oil filters etc. which would solve this problem.)

I know there are some compatibility issues so I want to make sure get the right nails.

Hope you get the idea and have a solution for me.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Cross reference for "air nails"

Post by dusty »

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Ed - I think you are worried about too much. My experience is that any 16 Ga. finish nail that will lay in the loading shaft of your gun will work. The only thing that would hold you back would be the length. If two inch nails fit, and the spring on the magazine closes then you are O.K.

Just checked out Dusty's chart - Yep those two are the same.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

GREAT!!!

Thanks,

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

charlese wrote:Ed - I think you are worried about too much. My experience is that any 16 Ga. finish nail that will lay in the loading shaft of your gun will work. The only thing that would hold you back would be the length. If two inch nails fit, and the spring on the magazine closes then you are O.K.

Just checked out Dusty's chart - Yep those two are the same.
Hi,

Yea that is what I thought too. So my brother got this box of nails for his 16-GA nailer and they don't work.... now I have the box of nails but wanted to make sure they would work for my gun.

They seem to fit his gun but they kept jamming on the feed. He got a different brand and they seem to work. Now I'm waiting for this weekend for my son to return my nail gun and I'll see if I have the same problem... which I shouldn't because the chart says they are the same. I forgot to write down the make and model of his to check against the nail type....

Anyway the chart that Dusty pointed to I have now filed in my note book along with the second chart on guns vs nails. That should keep me going for the next 10 to 20 years.... Boy the price on air guns sure has fallen since I got mine... of course some are now made of plastic and might not last to long but at 1/3 the price maybe that is not such a bad deal??

Ed