Back to EST or was it EDT

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Back to EST or was it EDT

Post by charlese »

We had a little confusion about three weeks ago over the correct time to view a Sawdust session. Thought I'd just throw this in - as it was a cute story from the newspaper:

Cary, NC - The oldest sibling usually rules the roost, even in twins, or so they say. To make a longer story shorter - "Baby A" was born a 1:32 AM Eastern Daylight time (EDT). His Twin sister was born 32 minutes later. Because Daylight Saving Time ended at 2:00 AM his sister was born at 1:06 AM which made her 26 minutes older than her brother, although she was born later! Peter Sullivan Caroli is now the younger brother of Laura Caroli.

This may get interesting a few years from now as fodder for sibling rivalry.

Who says the time change doesn't count?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Arizonians are not troubled so. They do not recognise DST.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Neither did us Hoosiers until a couple of years ago. I , for one would like to get rid of it or move to Central Time.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

charlese wrote:We had a little confusion about three weeks ago over the correct time to view a Sawdust session. Thought I'd just throw this in - as it was a cute story from the newspaper:

Cary, NC - The oldest sibling usually rules the roost, even in twins, or so they say. To make a longer story shorter - "Baby A" was born a 1:32 AM Eastern Daylight time (EDT). His Twin sister was born 32 minutes later. Because Daylight Saving Time ended at 2:00 AM his sister was born at 1:06 AM which made her 26 minutes older than her brother, although she was born later! Peter Sullivan Caroli is now the younger brother of Laura Caroli.

This may get interesting a few years from now as fodder for sibling rivalry.

Who says the time change doesn't count?

Interesting story!!! Can't you just see the parents trying to explain this to the two kids when they get old enough to ask who is the oldest? I would guess this might make the sister become a lawyer. :p
Ed
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

a1gutterman wrote:Arizonians are not troubled so. They do not recognise DST.
Unless you are living, or visiting, in the Navajo Nation part of AZ. The Nation extends into three States and observes DST in all of their Nation.:) Even in Arizona! The Native Americans Rule!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA