Catalog came today!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:ed,

We used to use the old Sears wish book down the hill at the three holer. I hope you aren't still having to do that.

Dusty,

The wish book has the glossy pages so we just stuck to the general catalog... and we had 2 regular holes and one child sized... but when I was about 6 we got indoor plumbing... running water, and hot water too!!!! We even got a tub with shower!!!

It was a good 10-12 years later we finally removed the outhouse for the main house. The one for our cabin stayed for another 10-12 years beyond that. Of course now a days you can't put them up like in the old days, not since zoning and DNR.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
fixit
Gold Member

Catalog

Post by fixit »

As I thought my catalog showed up in my mailbox today.

Like many others it had the wrong name but the correct address for me.

It now sits in a conspicuous place where CERTAIN people will be sure to see it and - I'm sure - notice the items circled on the different pages.:D

Now I have to find the catalog SWMBO has managed to HIDE somewhere so I can find out what she wants. Why does she always make it so difficult? :rolleyes: It's like this every year!
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

I've had my catalog for about three days, and just looked at the address label. It's addressed to Jerry Korf in Bainesville, FL. I guess the only reason I received it was because the street & zip code are correct for me.

This is a pretty sad situation for Shopsmith. There are undoubtedly some customers who did not receive a catalog, and thus orders will suffer - at the most important time of the year!

I think the few comments about name and address mistakes here in this thread represent just the tip of the iceberg. The mailhouse certainly owes Shopsmith another mailing so as to not miss out on any holiday sales.
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I have still not received mine. Perhaps Shopsmith will gain some new customers with these mailings going to wrong addresses. :)
al_killian
Gold Member

Post by al_killian »

I orderd the catalog in sept. and it just arivved today.:eek: Only have to call them twice. Well atleast it is hear. Just waiting on my third bearing to get the 500 back together and making shavings.:D
mckenziedt
Gold Member

Post by mckenziedt »

This is a slight aside, but relates to the fellow that got his catalog with the right name and wrong address. I ordered a SS part on Ebay from a fellow in Texas earlier this fall. Somehow he didn't put my street address on the box, just my name and the city name. I live in Winnipeg,Canada, which is a city with a population of about 660,000. I got my parcel with only a 2 day delay! A lady at the Post Office is to be comended for the extra effort she put into tracking me down.
D.McKenzie
520,510,mini 500,10ER,10E,Band Saws,Jointers,Scroll Saw,Jig Saws,Belt Sanders,Strip Sander,Speed Reducer & Increaser,Pro-Planer,Mortiser,Grinding wheel,Sharpening guides,Lathe Duplicater,Biscuit Joiner,Tendon Jig,Ring Master,Oneway Chuck, Most Arbors,Bits,Blades,Chucks,Cutters,Fences,Safety Items,Sanding & Sawing Items,Shop Accessories,Spare Parts