Latest Project

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fixit
Gold Member

Latest Project

Post by fixit »

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my latest project - End Tables made of Cherry and Walnut.

The person who ordered them provided the wood which was cut from trees on his father's land in TN. I already made a coffee table (third picture) to match and delivered that to him earlier.

Now I MUST get busy on my Honey Do list or there will be trouble in paradise shortly! :eek:
Attachments
End Tables-w1.jpg
End Tables-w1.jpg (35.46 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
End Tables-w.jpg
End Tables-w.jpg (21.58 KiB) Viewed 11960 times
Coffee Table-w.jpg
Coffee Table-w.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 11965 times
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Latest Project

Post by a1gutterman »

That looks like very nice work Leonard; thank you for sharing.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Leonard,

Very fine tables. These inspire me.

Something for anyone to comment on: I really like pieces with some contrasting or complementary colors like these. That's where I try to apply some energy in my own projects. Of course the expansion coefficients need to be minded, but that can be done. Is it my imagination, or did one not typically such pieces a number of years ago? Seems like usually when I see older furniture I see everything being the same color.

Thanks
Chris
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

Leonard:

Those are fine looking tables!! The glass top on the coffee table really makes it stand out.

Congratulations.

John
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Leonard

Beautiful work! I especially like the proportions of the coffee table. Awesome!
Ed
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Nice work Leonard. I am making the same end tables for our home I just haven't got back to them lately. Got to work on things for others first. Again great job with different woods.
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

Thanks to all for the kind comments. I had a good time making these tables. I'm now started on making some things for SWMBO since she keeps reminding me that "the cobbler's children have no shoes".

First on the list is a round table top for the table on the deck. That's an easy one. One sheet of 1/2" Baltic Birch cut in a circle with a 30" radius. That's today's project (since I have to build the circle cutting jig first). My current jig won't make a circle that big. Don't know why I didn't make the jig big enough in the first place.:mad: Oh well, live and learn.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.