What is JPW

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Re: What is JPW

Post by wa2crk »

I have an older Craftsman cast iron drill press that was last in the Sears catalog about 1960. When I clean it I put the wax on with some 0000 steel wool and then wipe it with a paper towel. The towel is black when I wipe the wax off. I let the wax dry and wax again in the normal manner. The tables are then cleaned and waxed and the wax lasts a long time
Bill V
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Robert,

The store I found and bought the JPW at is not one of the national chains. It is Parkrose Hardware and now has two locations in the Portland Oregon area. I happened to ask if they have a senior discount which is something I am still getting used to doing since I turned 65 in March. In stocking the new store, they probably received some JPW before it became unavailable. The new store is about 10 minutes from me while the original store is over a half hour and most of that drive is freeway. Incedently I would pass the new location at exit 6 from I-205 to get to the original location at just under a mile off exit 23A from I-205.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Add Color and you have shoe polish. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange