Shopsmith Utility Vac Extension

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

B-RAD
Gold Member

Shopsmith Utility Vac Extension

Post by B-RAD »

Hello,

Can anyone tell if the small pickup tool that comes with this kit is smaller than the utility pickup tool that is supplied with the dust collector? I recently purchased the Vac Extenison kit on E-Bay and the vac head is smaller than my dust collector utility vac head.

Thanks
Brad
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Brad - I'm guessing everyone is in the same boat with me. I have no idea of what a Shopsmith utility extension KIT is! I see the extension listed in the catalog as part no 555582, but that doesn't help much. I have the small floor pickup part that is shown next to the picture on catalog page 16 - it fits the SS hose. Maybe what you need is a coupler or and elbow - parts 515430 or 514521. Did you get a flexible gooseneck with your kit?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
jimthej
Gold Member

Post by jimthej »

charlese wrote:Brad - I'm guessing everyone is in the same boat with me. I have no idea of what a Shopsmith utility extension KIT is! I see the extension listed in the catalog as part no 555582, but that doesn't help much. I have the small floor pickup part that is shown next to the picture on catalog page 16 - it fits the SS hose. Maybe what you need is a coupler or and elbow - parts 515430 or 514521. Did you get a flexible gooseneck with your kit?
From the Shopsmith catalog:
Features a 2-1/2" opening for connection to the DC3300. Special Support Brackets attach directly to machines to accept a strong, flexible, vinyl-covered gooseneck that rotates a full 360° for unlimited positioning.

Includes: Extension Assembly]

The small floor pick-up is about 4 x 6 inches. Maybe a little smaller in some models.
Jim in Bakersfield
Jim in Bakersfield:D