table saw blade

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cmaze
Bronze Member

table saw blade

Post by cmaze »

I can't seem to get the table saw blade to stop wobbling. Any advice?
chiroindixon
Gold Member

Okay.....

Post by chiroindixon »

Grab the blade.....(while SS is "Off" of course), and work to determine where the "wobble" is from. I've encountered this several times.

Sometimes, my abor was loose on the outboard shaft. According to "Jan" at SS, replace the set screw. They get worn down and loose the roughed up "grabbing edge". I put in another. You might consider roughing up the edge if you don't have another.

Is your arbor tightened down on the blade itself? I've had a problem from time to time when an arbor loosened. Can't explain how it happens, but it did.

Finally, is your blade flat and true? If it's "wobbling", it could be bent. If a good blade, take to a pro and have flattened and sharpened. If a cheapy, chuck it away and buy a decent or better blade.
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

I just got my 510 lower blade guard and when I put the blade on it rubs on the inside of the guard. I am using a 5/8 arbor. Is there a special one for the 510 mabey longer.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

You got it... the arbors for the 505/510/520 are all longer and you will need to replace them all as well as your sanding disks hubs if you want to use them in the table. Time to start your holiday shopping list.

Ed
marinegunny
Bronze Member

marinegunny

Post by marinegunny »

cmaze wrote:I can't seem to get the table saw blade to stop wobbling. Any advice?
Saw blade..wobbing on you..Take a look at the Arbor, check to be sure you have it install correct.
I would like to tell you a story, a True story about a Saw Blade.
Today I just order my 1st Saw Blade for my Shopsmith. Oh I forgot to tell you. I brought my Shopsmith Mark V in 1975. Yes, that is wright in 1975. The saw blade is over 30 years old and I still use the blade. I have had no problems with my Mark V. It still run like a new, never be over haul by anyone.
Thank you for your time, I hope this information helps you in youe sawing problem. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR...... John
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

marinegunny wrote:Saw blade..wobbing on you..Take a look at the Arbor, check to be sure you have it install correct.
I would like to tell you a story, a True story about a Saw Blade.
Today I just order my 1st Saw Blade for my Shopsmith. Oh I forgot to tell you. I brought my Shopsmith Mark V in 1975. Yes, that is wright in 1975. The saw blade is over 30 years old and I still use the blade. I have had no problems with my Mark V. It still run like a new, never be over haul by anyone.
Thank you for your time, I hope this information helps you in youe sawing problem. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR...... John
John,
Congrats on your success with your SS. Unfortunately, not everyone can say that.

Bruce
ksdaddio
Gold Member

Wobbling Saw Blade

Post by ksdaddio »

You didn't say whether you were using a SS arbor or the 5/8", but I discovered that if you are using the SS arbor, you have to be certain that the blade is seated on the arbor correctly before you tighten the nut. You can install the blade wrong, sort of like cross threading it!