Spammer or NO - You Decide

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mrblanche
Gold Member

Post by mrblanche »

While I have only the vaguest idea of what Tapatalk is, I have seen people requesting it in other forums lately.

But I would have to agree. Having been infected by a virus off an innocuous web site (RV parts) to the extent of having to replace my hard drive, I think a little caution with any new member who immediately posts a link is a great idea.

It's also an oddity that the forum with the oldest software (several years obsolete) is the most secure one I go to; it hasn't had a spammer in something like four years.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

jcgorla
I would like to apologize for jumping to a bad conclusion. :o :o Welcome to the forum. I hope you will accept our apologizes and become a frequent visitor.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

Hey, I might have some extra shop towels handy guys, you know, for wiping all that extra egg off your faces.:D

Oh so sweet, the century mark!
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG40504 wrote:I assume the post deleted by admin was the one describing tapatalk and inquiring re its being turned on in this forum.

I did not see that as a spam attempt.

FWIW I think there was overreaction to that post.

I also think we owe JCGORIA an apology!

I understand why you might think that. Apparently you are one of the fortunate ones who has never had to rebuild a system after a spammer got to your hard drive through an innocuous posting.

It is nice for all of you guys to apologize for me since you are not the ones who "jumped the gun". Now that this has happened, will I continue to report SPAM when I think I see it - ABSOLUTELY I will.

JCGoria - welcome to the forum. I hope you get as much from this group as I have.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I understand why you might think that. Apparently you are one of the fortunate ones who has never had to rebuild a system after a spammer got to your hard drive through an innocuous posting.

It is nice for all of you guys to apologize for me since you are not the ones who "jumped the gun". Now that this has happened, will I continue to report SPAM when I think I see it - ABSOLUTELY I will.

JCGoria - welcome to the forum. I hope you get as much from this group as I have.
Yes I have been fortunate in that regard! That does not mean I leave the back door unlocked though! I dislike spammers almost as much as you!:(
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jcgorla
Gold Member

Post by jcgorla »

Thanks for the welcome(s)! I'm looking forward to pulling my Shopsmith out of the corner of the garage and putting it back together. When I moved 2+ years ago one of the packers decided everything on the Shopsmith needed to come apart down to the bit piece level, screws, washers, carriage disassembled, and thrown in a box. Hopefully I can put it back together here soon, get it aligned and make some sawdust.
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

jcgorla wrote:Hopefully I can put it back together here soon, get it aligned and make some sawdust.
Don't forget to lube it too. Good luck in getting it back together quickly and easily.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob