This one's for Dusty

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jcgorla
Gold Member

This one's for Dusty

Post by jcgorla »

Think you owe me a public apology. You went a little too far in your characterization of my post.

"Lifting information from someone else's profile?" If I was a spammer I wouldn't even bother.

You were over the top when all that was required was a PM to the Admin. Maybe you had a little too much sawdust with your oatmeal and coffee for breakfast.
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jcgorla wrote:Think you owe me a public apology. You went a little too far in your characterization of my post.

"Lifting information from someone else's profile?" If I was a spammer I wouldn't even bother.

You were over the top when all that was required was a PM to the Admin. Maybe you had a little too much sawdust with your oatmeal and coffee for breakfast.

While I understand your displeasure concerning Dusty's comments, you need to understand the amount of spamming attempts we have been putting up with lately. Due to the diligence of a few(Dusty and myself included), we have helped admin keep it from getting totally out of control.

Yes Dusty got carried away concerning his comments concerning your initial posts, but please realize he meant well! Dusty is not one to take things half heartedly and usually is more reserved.

I cannot speak for anyone else on this forum, but I will apologize for the less than open armed reception you received.

One thing to keep in mind is that we are not reticent re pointing out 'goofs', nor have a tendency to deny their inaccuracy. We all are not water walkers and jab in a good natured vein. There are no 'mean' folks here, but we ain't purfect edder!

Welcome aboard!:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

Sorry for the misunderstanding :o and welcome:D

To try to clear the air without this going south, a couple of insites on our group here.

We pretty much self regulate here and the Admin pretty much only steps in when a spammer is found and he is notified. (With the exception of one crazy thread that got way out of hand)

I saw your post and found nothing wrong with it but...... I know what tapatalk is. If you have seen some of our more "clever" spammers and with the understanding that a lot of people don't know what tapatalk is and understand that many of our forum members are "seasoned" and really may not have any idea what you were talking about, I hope that you can understand some of them maybe being a little "overzealous" and forgive and forget.

Sometimes a spammer will come test the waters with a single post and we miss them, then all of the sudden there are 10 crazy spammer posts.

With that being said I would like to see tapatalk support on the forum also, I look at the forum on my smartphone a lot and it is much easier to view if you can use tapatalk.

Also, Dusty IS a great guy.
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Who you calling 'seasoned'!:mad:

:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

yeah, just don't use any "colorful" language, the morality police lurks via PM on this forum.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

My apologies also. There are some people that will take advantage of a forum to post their own agenda and sign on to become a member and then conduct a spamming session. I suppose it is a sign of the difficult economic times and the fact that some people will do anything for a buck.
Please remember that people like Dusty, JPG and several others have been on this forum since its inception and take a great deal of pride in maintaining the integrity of the forum.
I am sorry that you were offended. You were caught up in a situation that was close to getting out of hand a few weeks ago. Once burned is twice cautious. Jump back in and enjoy the fun.
Bill V
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG40504 wrote:While I understand your displeasure concerning Dusty's comments, you need to understand the amount of spamming attempts we have been putting up with lately. Due to the diligence of a few(Dusty and myself included), we have helped admin keep it from getting totally out of control.

Yes Dusty got carried away concerning his comments concerning your initial posts, but please realize he meant well! Dusty is not one to take things half heartedly and usually is more reserved.

I cannot speak for anyone else on this forum, but I will apologize for the less than open armed reception you received.

One thing to keep in mind is that we are not reticent re pointing out 'goofs', nor have a tendency to deny their inaccuracy. We all are not water walkers and jab in a good natured vein. There are no 'mean' folks here, but we ain't purfect edder!

Welcome aboard!:)

More reserved? I can be reserved if that is what is needed here.

Consider it done.:(:mad:

As far as spam is concerned - it is a good thing that Admin is on top of it. I'm through with it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

For the 'record', JPG is a relative 'newcomer' compared to the 'old salts' here.:p

Sorry Dusty, I did not realize that being called 'reserved' was disrespectful etc.;) I respect your usual restraint regarding emotional responses. It was in that context that I used the 'R' word.

:cool::cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

jcgorla
Gold Member

Post by jcgorla »

I guess I picked a bad time to be the new guy on the block, make my first post and include a link. After hearing about the problems you've had recently I don't blame you for being extra cautious. Seriously, there are features of vBulletin that can make it difficult for spammers, I was a little surprised that I had no restrictions on posting a link.
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

jcgorla wrote:I guess I picked a bad time to be the new guy on the block, make my first post and include a link. After hearing about the problems you've had recently I don't blame you for being extra cautious. Seriously, there are features of vBulletin that can make it difficult for spammers, I was a little surprised that I had no restrictions on posting a link.
First welcome to the forum. I trust you will become a valued member of our group. It always upsets me when anyone becomes upset or feels the need to become defensive. Dusty is one of our original members and takes the health of this forum very seriously. Without his being willing to take risks and protect us I have a feeling we would have been dissolved long ago. I would hope that as we continue to grow together we can refrain from feeling as though we need to attack or be attacked. I for one value this forum and each of it's members. Dusty I pray you will continue to be a spokesman and continue to speak up to protect us from spammers. As for those unfortunate moments like this one I suspect we would all enjoy that perfect world we seem to have lost. Be patient my friends. Fjimp
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.