darn Demos at Lowe's...

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jcgorla
Gold Member

Post by jcgorla »

Looked on the SS website for a schedule of upcoming demos...darn missed the Manassas one nearby. Does anyone have a link to the current schedule?

Thanks,

John
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Here is a schedule of demos.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
jcgorla
Gold Member

Post by jcgorla »

Thanks for the link!
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:Here is a schedule of demos.
I believe thatsa North West division. Anybody seen an eastern version?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

The Shopsmith site offers this app which should work for 99% of us. Crap, I used the number 9.:p
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I decided to wait until I get some other things done in my shop before upgrading. While I would love to save a couple hundred bucks, it would have distracted me from far more pressing tasks at hand. The demo did solidify in my mind that I can greatly benefit from the Pro upgrade, especially the increased ranges and I will likely get sometime in the Spring.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

SDSSmith wrote:The Shopsmith site offers this app which should work for 99% of us. Crap, I used the number 9.:p

What you got against upside down/rotated sixes?:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
major_bob
Gold Member

Post by major_bob »

Similar story:
Stopped by Lowes 5 years ago and watched the demo with my wife. She turns to me and said "Buy one of those so I never again have to hear the excuse that you lack the tools to do a project".
Bob
LTC, US Army
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
Hoo-ah !
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

major_bob wrote:Similar story:
Stopped by Lowes 5 years ago and watched the demo with my wife. She turns to me and said "Buy one of those so I never again have to hear the excuse that you lack the tools to do a project".

Little did she know that one cannot do everything with only one tool even if it does the work of a handful(and more)!!!!!:D

Well it did get yer footsie in the door!:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝