Incra 5000 Miter Sled

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

CactusRoper
Bronze Member

Incra 5000 Miter Sled

Post by CactusRoper »

I have a chance to buy a used Incra 5000, but it is not for a Shopsmith.

Can I convert it by replacing the miter bars with Shopsmith miter bars?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

CactusRoper wrote:I have a chance to buy a used Incra 5000, but it is not for a Shopsmith.

It sorta looks like you can but I suggest you call Incra Customer Service to be sure.

http://incra.com/product_miter5000.htm
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

CactusRoper wrote:I have a chance to buy a used Incra 5000, but it is not for a Shopsmith.

Yes, Incra sells the bars for the sled and the stationary panel. You may also want to get another panel so that the cut line can be made for the Shopsmith.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

When I purchased mine, which was built for the Shopsmith I experienced issues with the instructions. Incra was most helpful and explained that use on the shopsmith required a set up opposite to that on a table saw. Now that I have written this comment I am uncertain of my memory. Do give them a call. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

fjimp wrote:When I purchased mine, which was built for the Shopsmith I experienced issues with the instructions. Incra was most helpful and explained that use on the shopsmith required a set up opposite to that on a table saw. Now that I have written this comment I am uncertain of my memory. Do give them a call. Jim
I believe Jim is thinking about setting the jig up so you can use it with the tilting table. Mount it one way and you cut the jig, mount it on the other side the blade pulls away from the blade.

This is the same as the Incra express and somewhere here I have explained this issue, wish I remembered where...

These are nice jigs, I have the express but with several modifications so I guess it would be called a express-plus.

Ed
jonesuh
Gold Member

Post by jonesuh »

Ed i also have the express----can you show a picture of your mods
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

jonesuh wrote:Ed i also have the express----can you show a picture of your mods
The mods are mostly throwing money at it. If it warms again I will shoot some pictures and perhaps link them to a review I did some years ago.

Ed