terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

derekdarling wrote:This thread is starting to sound sinister:D
PUN Intended?

For those not catching it...
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

It seems to me all lefties seem to be more creative (art and music) than us right handed folks. My brothers who are lefties are a lot more creative than I am!

BPR
anmius
Gold Member

Post by anmius »

Perhaps this site will help our left handed woodworking friends:

http://www.beinglefthanded.com/
________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 Mark V 500, bandsaw, belt sander, jig saw, jointer; contractor's table saw; multiple circular saws and miter saws; and a trailer full of tools.

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

ryanbp01 wrote:It seems to me all lefties seem to be more creative (art and music) than us right handed folks. My brothers who are lefties are a lot more creative than I am!

BPR
Ah now there is a claim I would love to be able to claim too. Definitely not accurate in my house. True I manage once in a blue moon to create a neat idea. My bride of nearly 42 years on the other hand his 20 or 30 great quilts and other hand work a year that are knocked out of the park. This fantastic right handed beauty is totally unreal and runs circles around me. In my defense I do enjoy pointing out that left handed folks are the ones in their right minds, to which she responds, so? Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
2bits
Gold Member

Post by 2bits »

beeg wrote:But lefties are the only ones in their right mind.:D
I must agree:D Otherwise the S.O. would show me the error in my judgement:eek:
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

I too am a member of the 10%. Not the 1% nor the 99% protesting freaks because they don't have enough government income. That 10% is the Lefties. I too, have had learned to do things with a right-hand twist and use my right hand to work things. Why is it that the Leftists won't learn to do anything the right way? They, 10% of the population, insist that those on the right, who do things the right way, must do it their way.
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

The ONLY left handed tool I have ever found which is truly for left handed people is a pair of scissors. For them to be truly left handed the lower blade is on the right side as you hold them. These are difficult to find because a lot of manufacturers make "left handed" scissors that are merely right handed ones with the grips angled for left handed use.:eek: They are NOT left handed scissors.

You should see folks who come to our house and for some reason need scissors. My wife or I (she is right handed) will:D hand them one of our left handed scissors and watch the strange look they get when faced with the situation us lefties experience on a frequent basis. Some would say this is a sinister act - and they'd be right!
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Had a left handed monkey wrench once!!:D
Bill V
derekdarling
Gold Member

Post by derekdarling »

terrydowning wrote:PUN Intended?

For those not catching it...
Absolutely! And in latin, yet!
Derek Darling