Thanks Jpg !!!!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wiredone
Gold Member

Thanks Jpg !!!!

Post by wiredone »

Thanks to JPG, I picked this up in Barstow last night and dragged it home. Most of the important basic parts are missing, but it has some good parts that I need to finish one of my other units.
The bandsaw and Jigsaw were worth the price of admission.
Thanks again Red!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160847675306?ss ... 500wt_1413
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

You got all that for $240? I didn't know that the economy in CA was that bad. I would have driven to Barstow for that deal. I thought all the bandits were in Nevada. You made out like one.
emagnet
Gold Member

Post by emagnet »

Congratulations. I drove to Fresno for mine. Been through Joshua Tree many times on my Indian. Nothing better than a night at the Twenty Nine Palms Inn after a long days ride. Is the Harley Diner still in Yucca Valley?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

emagnet wrote:Congratulations. I drove to Fresno for mine. Been through Joshua Tree many times on my Indian. Nothing better than a night at the Twenty Nine Palms Inn after a long days ride. Is the Harley Diner still in Yucca Valley?

I liked the NCO club at 29 palms MCB!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Semper Fi!

Post by wrmnfzy »

JPG40504 wrote:I liked the NCO club at 29 palms MCB!

Semper Fi!!!!!!!
Culprit
Gold Member

Post by Culprit »

emagnet wrote:. Nothing better than a night at the Twenty Nine Palms Inn after a long days ride.
I, also, am a fan of the 29 Palms Inn - except I've never been there on my bike. Always a 4WD rental on my way to/from OP Left.

Here's a YouTube video from there. Sorry for the extremely early and boring laser-on call. We were doing some testing and needed some extra coordination time with the pilots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xyb5n4V ... ata_player

Semper Fi, my brothers.

PS: It's a small world.
1955 Greenie, modified to be reversible
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

emagnet wrote:Congratulations. I drove to Fresno for mine. Been through Joshua Tree many times on my Indian. Nothing better than a night at the Twenty Nine Palms Inn after a long days ride. Is the Harley Diner still in Yucca Valley?
Yeah, it's still there. I tried eating there.............once.
Spent the rest of the day doubled over on the commode. so, no more for me.
The dealer H-D (Hutchins) just lost their franchise.
I really enjoy that funky 29 Palms Inn. they have good food, a nice menu and some good entertainment.
Give me a shout out next time your riding through, I'll jump on a bike and meet you there.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

db5 wrote:You got all that for $240? I didn't know that the economy in CA was that bad. I would have driven to Barstow for that deal. I thought all the bandits were in Nevada. You made out like one.
Used ShopSmiths go cheap here in California. real Cheap.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
emagnet
Gold Member

Post by emagnet »

wiredone wrote:Used ShopSmiths go cheap here in California. real Cheap.
Tell me about it. I got a fully functional Mark V missing only the lathe tool rest to be a complete stock package. Throw in a bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, molding head, dado, shaper cutters, routing bits, biscuit joiner, all the necessary arbors and chucks and more for $500 and you can see why I made the 3 hour drive. It was 105 degrees in Fresno that day and the Shopsmith was in a storage space. I actually got first degree burns on my ass from sitting on the asphalt while I was unbolting (the original screws had been replaced) the legs. Even so, it was worth it.