shopsmith shipping

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

When I got an e-mail (last week) saying my recent order had been shipped, there was a blue colored line in the mail, saying check on my order. (Not exact wording) Clicking on that took me to a Shopsmith site showing my order. That site contained a tracking number that I clicked on. That automatically took me into Fed Ex tracking for my order.

No numbers to copy - no sign in required.:D :D I was very pleased with the system!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

From the email from Shopsmith, I click on Track Order which takes me to a Shopsmith webpage with the tracking number. Clicking on the hyperlink number gets you this.

http://www.fedex.com/us/
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

I think if you put your tracking number in the box in the middle you can track without logging in.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

lv2wdwrk wrote:I think if you put your tracking number in the box in the middle you can track without logging in.
I think so also. Other functions work without 'logging in'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
anmius
Gold Member

Post by anmius »

lv2wdwrk wrote:I think if you put your tracking number in the box in the middle you can track without logging in.
I agree. Just put your tracking number in the "Track Your Package" box (copy and paste is easiest) and then click on the work "Track."

No login required.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 Mark V 500, bandsaw, belt sander, jig saw, jointer; contractor's table saw; multiple circular saws and miter saws; and a trailer full of tools.

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

After much wrangling to copy the tracking number,it did work without the logging in. Thanks. Learned that my package went south of Atlanta only to turn back north to Atlanta. It is supposed to be handed off to the Post Office for delivery on Friday. What a railroad!

Called Dave today and requested that I want my packages shipped, if it meets postal requirement, via USPS. Not an option. Not sure what I'll do now. May stop buying from Shopsmith. :( :( :confused:

Thanks for all your contributions.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

swampgator wrote:After much wrangling to copy the tracking number,it did work without the logging in. Thanks. Learned that my package went south of Atlanta only to turn back north to Atlanta. It is supposed to be handed off to the Post Office for delivery on Friday. What a railroad!

Called Dave today and requested that I want my packages shipped, if it meets postal requirement, via USPS. Not an option. Not sure what I'll do now. May stop buying from Shopsmith. :( :( :confused:

Thanks for all your contributions.
If you want delivery by Fed Ex only, you'll have to deal with the contract between Fed Ex and USPS. Fed Ex evidently saves money by contracting with USPS to deliver some packages. This procedure - to have delivery by USPS after a vendor has shipped by Fed Ex - not only applies to Shopsmith but ALL vendors.

I think, but do not know for sure, Fed Ex doesn't want to deliver small packages. The USPS profits from making delivery of these small packages.

I assume, one way to assure delivery by Fed Ex is to always order something that will require a large box.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

charlese wrote:If you want delivery by Fed Ex only, you'll have to deal with the contract between Fed Ex and USPS. Fed Ex evidently saves money by contracting with USPS to deliver some packages. This procedure - to have delivery by USPS after a vendor has shipped by Fed Ex - not only applies to Shopsmith but ALL vendors.

I think, but do not know for sure, Fed Ex doesn't want to deliver small packages. The USPS profits from making delivery of these small packages.

I assume, one way to assure delivery by Fed Ex is to always order something that will require a large box.
I think he wants delivery by usps only. SS does fed ex only. Fed ex and usps have an agreement. At least it will not smell 'smokey'. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

JPG40504 wrote:I think he wants delivery by usps only. SS does fed ex only. Fed ex and usps have an agreement. At least it will not smell 'smokey'. :D
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. Maybe we should add burning to the ground the mighty delivery trucks for fedex! The Mark 7 no longer smells, but the dust collected does!:rolleyes: :eek:
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

JPG40504 wrote: If it be so, there is currently unnecessary wood in the pile!
Remember, during the last political infighting "shutdown," where all unessential personnel were required to stay home? The time that WWII vets couldn't visit the WWII memorial, but the LBGT community was able to have a march IN THE SAME PLACE!?

If they are "unessential," why are they working for us, anyway?

steve