paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

My 2 mins . of fame on the local news.[plus there's a SS in the picture too]

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

Enjoy.any publicity for the business is good,right?hah.thanks
http://www.wkbw.com/news/delevan-man-tr ... oplay=true
algale
Platinum Member

Re: My 2 mins . of fame on the local news.[plus there's a SS in the picture too]

Post by algale »

Very nice story and your work is simply amazing!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

charlese
Platinum Member

Re: My 2 mins . of fame on the local news.[plus there's a SS in the picture too]

Post by charlese »

Good lookin' barn, handsome proprietor, handsome furniture, but missed the Shopsmith.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Nice story, how much do you use that lathe? Saw the Shopsmith.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

thanks,i don't get to use that treadle lathe nearly as much as I'd like lately.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

charlese wrote:Good lookin' barn, handsome proprietor, handsome furniture, but missed the Shopsmith.
Saw BOTH of them. One is a REAL (Cast Iron) Shopsmith, too. :D

Good work Paul!

You have a sprinkler system (fire suppression) in there, yet?

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

Wow great story Paul. Beautiful work. I love that lathe! Please do tell more about it. I was considering making a spring pole lathe but maybe I could forward space a century or so and still have something special from the old days.

Tom
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

Tom,i was told by the guy that restored it ,that it was Sears lathe from the 1890s.I can't find anything on it online though.Either way it's fun to work with .I will possibly do some minor tweaking so I can use all three of the steps on the large flywheel. Overall it's a nice machine.i had a even older one that I lost in the last fire.It was all oak with poured babbit bearings and the old oil drip cans on top.I loved that one.
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

Great article Paul. You deserve the recognition. I too love the treadle lathe. There was a shop built one on Lumberjocks about a year ago that was absolutely awesome. Really gets the juices flowing but I have a Delta lathe and two ShopSmiths so I'm afraid a dream is all it will be. Have a spin on yours for the rest of us will you. ..... please. .....
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese