Going to buy another SPT

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Re: Going to buy another SPT

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

ExtraMile wrote:Pittsburgh, PA.

Update, no planer. It was well used and in rough shape. I offered a lower figure and he did not bite.

I did however, buy a 510 kit from him. This kit is missing the horizontal tubes, that link the tables together and the legs and connectors. I think I did well. I bought the whole kit (minus, the things I sad) for $200.

Watcha think?
i'm up in Delevan,NY.i have a pro planer and scroll saw if you're willing to make the trip.no key for the planer either.i use a nail. you'll probably want to purchase a new set of blades although I have two sets .[well used sets,lol]I've never tried the scroll saw.Both have covers.
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

JPG wrote:

Update, no planer. It was well used and in rough shape. I offered a lower figure and he did not bite.

I did however, buy a 510 kit from him. This kit is missing the horizontal tubes, that link the tables together and the legs and connectors. I think I did well. I bought the whole kit (minus, the things I sad) for $200.

Watcha think?
1 main table, 1 carriage, 1 extension table, 2 floating tables for $200 = good deal!(assuming decent condition)

ohhhh! and a rip fence. :rolleyes:
Larger Table
Larger Rip Fence
Table Carriage
Two Floating Extension Tables
See-Through Upper Saw Guard
Lower Saw Guard
Two-position Lathe Tool Rest
Saw Table Insert
Larger Extension Table Top
Steel Miter Gauge Bar
1-1/4" diameter saw arbor
I am a true blue Xylophiliac, who also is a Nemophiliac ;)
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

paulsgreenbarn wrote:

Watcha think?
i'm up in Delevan,NY.i have a pro planer and scroll saw if you're willing to make the trip.no key for the planer either.i use a nail. you'll probably want to purchase a new set of blades although I have two sets .[well used sets,lol]I've never tried the scroll saw.Both have covers.
I sincerely doubt I would drive that distance again. I am wiped out! I drove, something like 430 miles today! I am hanging up my keys, for a bit :)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ExtraMile wrote:
JPG wrote:

Watcha think?
1 main table, 1 carriage, 1 extension table, 2 floating tables for $200 = good deal!(assuming decent condition)

ohhhh! and a rip fence. :rolleyes:
Larger Table
Larger Rip Fence
Table Carriage
Two Floating Extension Tables
See-Through Upper Saw Guard
Lower Saw Guard
Two-position Lathe Tool Rest
Saw Table Insert
Larger Extension Table Top
Steel Miter Gauge Bar
1-1/4" diameter saw arbor

Correction - really very good deal!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

So, can I purchase the horizontal tubes and the legs and their connectors from SS, or can they be made with 1 inch pipe and some sort of connector?
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

Ah haa, I can... yippee!

MARK V 510/520 Connector Tube ... $11.45

MARK V 510/520 T-Joint Fitting ... $21.41

MARK V 510/520 Telescoping Leg ... $27.78
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ExtraMile wrote:Ah haa, I can... yippee!

MARK V 510/520 Connector Tube ... $11.45

MARK V 510/520 T-Joint Fitting ... $21.41

MARK V 510/520 Telescoping Leg ... $27.78
Or, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Mark- ... 1c53864e8e

The bids will go up! Set your max price and bid in the last few seconds.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

I don't buy from Ebay!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ExtraMile wrote:I don't buy from Ebay!
Hokay.

144.18 it is.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

I may just make my own... lol!